Recipe File:: The Perfect Crispy Chicken Schnitzel
Everyone deserves a mess - free dinner night and I am here to tell you, it is easy to acheive the perfect, crispy, and tender chicken that your entire family is craving. It is so simply and you owe it to yourself to add it to your go to weeknight recipes.
3 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs mixed with favorite seasons
4 boneless, skinless, thin sliced chicken breast
salt and pepper
Canola oil, enough to coat a pan with 1 in. oil
Butter Lettuce, for serving
Wild Tomatoes, for serving
Follow These Steps
1. Prep the ingredients. Make an assembly line with the eggs and bread crumbs in a large serving dishes.
2. Lay one slice of chicken flat inside a zip lock bag. Gently pound with a mallet untik it is 1/4 in. thick. Repeat with each remaining breast. Try not to pound too hard, or you may tear the meat.
3. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Dip each piece of meat into the eggs and allow the extra to drip off, then roll l in the bread crumbs until all sides are covered. Shake off the excess. Let the pieces rest on a nearby plate before frying.
4. Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat until it reaches 350°F. You can also test the oil by dipping the handle of a wooden spoon in the oil, if it bubbles it is ready. Fry two beasts at a time for about 2 minutes on each side or until crispy and golden brown.
5. Let the pieces rest and cool on a pan, lined with paper towels. Serve with a side salad of butter leaf lettuce and wild tomatoes.