Simple 10 Minute Makeup Routine
Last week I shared the launch of the Capsule Wardrobe blog series. First up, I'm sharing my 5-minute makeup look, while simple, it packs a big punch for the girl-on-the-go. I always seem to be rushing to get out of the door. A few basic makeup steps take this mama from bedhead to feeling fresh in 10-minutes.
- POND'S CLARANT SKIN CORRECTING CREAM- I have been using this cream for roughly 3 years and love it. It literally tightens and brightens your skin instantly.
- NYX COSMETICS PORE FILLER -Evens out the skin complexion and minimizes pores. Also holds your makeup in place all day.
1. COVERGIRL SMOOTHERS BB CREAM TINTED MOISTURIZER + SUNSCREEN SPF 21 I am not a fan of foundation at all (too heavy and itchy) but I LOVE this my BB Creams. I'm not committed to any particular brand and have used every BB cream product from Smashbox to Covergirl. They are the only kind of foundation that I can take. They my skin a glow and warmth. I use a ECOTOOLS FLAT FOUNDATION BRUSH to blend it into my face and neck.
2. E.L.F. BLUSH PALETTE – For the price point, this powdery blush palette is everything. Beautiful dark coral and pink shades for all seasons.
3. URBAN DECAY 24/7 VELVET GLIDE-ON EYE PENCIL – just like the other areas of my face, I like a simple clean eye. Although a bit pricey compared to the other products in my bag, it glides on smoothly and lasts longer than any other liners I've tried. It's worth every penny.
4. NYX DREAM CATCHER PALETTE (Dusk Til Dawn) this palette is great for day to night looks. I apply a light golden shade to my entire eyelid. Most days, I keep it that simple but sometimes I'll fill in the creases of my lids with a dark shimmery hue from this collection to create a soft smokey eye.
5. BLACK RADIANCE TRUE COMPLEXION SOFT FOCUS FINISHING POWDER I love this setting powder is has an almond glow that gives my fairly pale skin a much needed lift and keeps my look in place with minimal shine. I apply the finishing powder with my BAREMINERALS ® FULL COVERAGE KABUKI BRUSH.
6. MAYBELLINE® VOLUM' EXPRESS – I apply my mascara last because I tend to get eyeshadow or finishing powder on my lashes and it defeats the purpose to do the step anywhere but last. I'm not a fan of false lashes and this volumizing mascara gives me just enough....umph!
7. NYX INTENSE BUTTER GLOSS I have really, REALLY full lips and feel my best when I am wearing a pretty soft pinkish-brown color.
That completes my look!
WHAT'S IN MY BAG
My routine is just enough to give me a fresh face for whatever I have to do throughout the day. It only takes a few minutes to give you extra confidence and pull a look together. It is about all that I can manage when I'm always running short on time and my favorite products don't break the bank. So, I keep them in stock and ready to grab if I have to do my makeup in the car between running errands. 😏